To whom it may concern:
Most South Florida Senators and Representatives should be ashamed to come home.
WHAT A DISGRACE!
You all have been voted in BY THE PEOPLE TO WORK FOR THE PEOPLE. And what have you done? You have squandered away time with your personal agendas!
I consider you all a bunch of self serving ego driven politicians. How sad!
Why did you not look at Mr. Rubio's basic property tax reduction plan on which you could all have built a meaningful proposal and stabilized the property tax issue for the future, in an equitable way for "ALL"?
Did anyone BOTHER to look at another meaningful proposal brought forward by the Florida Association of Realtors.?
It needs some more work! Here it is and it must be improved:
• Instead of doubling the homestead exemption, this exemption is tied to the county's median home value and will target relief to all homestead property owners (not just first time buyers). Again, the exemption would be 40% of area median.
• Save Our Homes-like cap on non-homestead and commercial property to help restore fairness, equity and predictability to our property tax system by capping any increase at 5%. This will help businesses who have faced outrageous tax increases and owners of second homes (Snowbirds).
• Portability - homeowners may transfer their Save Our Homes benefits to a new homestead anywhere in Florida within 2 years of leaving their former homestead.
• Creates a new Tangible Personal Property Exemption of $25,000
• Limits the authority of local governments to increase property taxes
• Provides for limitations on assessed values of properties used for affordable housing
• Provides an assessment growth limitation for all non-homestead properties in Florida by 5%
• Creates more flexibility for the Legislature to limit assessments for working waterfront properties
• Election of all county property appraisers
However, All county property tax appraisers MUST BE not SHOULD BE elected by the people!
Has anyone heard of how property values were raised in our counties, specially in the southern counties? Are you in touch with what has been going on?
More and more people are leaving for the Carolinas Tennessee and other more affordable places.
Do any of you have your exit plan already purchased in any of these states?
When you get your next paycheck maybe you want to think of who is providing this paycheck for you! WE THE PEOPLE for you to work for US THE PEOPLE.
GIVE "ALL" OF US BACK THE "AMERICAN DREAM" WHICH YOU ALL, OVER TIME, HAVE TAKEN FROM US. WE DEMAND THIS, IT IS OUR RIGHT!
Cooper City Resident, Broward County