Florida Homestead Services - Florida Homestead Exemption Act Forum
Visit our main website at Florida Homestead Services.com
 | Forums | Sign Up | Reply | Search | Statistics |
County Property Appraiser and Tax Information Florida Homestead Services - Florida Homestead Exemption Act Forum / County Property Appraiser and Tax Information /  

2017 Exemption Late Filing

Author johnbsims3
Admin Male

#1 | Posted: 12 Apr 2017 07:17 
You can still file for tax year 2017 exemptions for which you were eligible as of January 1, 2017. This includes Homestead, Portability, Senior, Veterans, Disability, Widowed Persons, Granny Flat, Deployed Military and Non-Profit exemptions. The absolute deadline to "LATE FILE" for any 2017 exemption is September 18, 2017. Note: Per Section 196.011(8), Florida Statutes, the County Property Appraiser's Offices cannot accept any exemption late applications once "late filing" deadline closes. Some County Property Appraisers may request a 'Good Cause' affidavit as to why you are late filing. If so, contact us. We can help!
http://www.floridahomesteadservices.com

Author Diana
Participant Female

#2 | Posted: 24 Jul 2017 19:58 
Hello, would I qualify for the homestead exemption if I am on a pending asylem in the US? I believe that according to the PRUCOL , I might qualify for homestead exemption. I have a letter from the Department of Homeland Security and Immigration that I can remain in the US as a pending asylee. Thanks in advance.
Diana

Author johnbsims3
Admin Male

#3 | Posted: 18 Aug 2017 06:31 
Possibly, depending on the status. Check with your county property appraiser as they would be the one to advise you.
http://www.floridahomesteadservices.com

County Property Appraiser and Tax Information Florida Homestead Services - Florida Homestead Exemption Act Forum / County Property Appraiser and Tax Information /
2017 Exemption Late Filing
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.