WARNING -- REVIEW YOUR EXEMPTION STATUS
THE STATE OF FLORIDA HAS SEVERE PENALTIES FOR RECEIVING A HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO. UNQUALIFIED EXEMPTIONS WILL RESULT IN A 50% PENALTY OF UNPAID TAXES AND 15% INTEREST FOR UP TO 10 YEARS.
IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING UNREPORTED SITUATIONS APPLIES TO YOU, CONTACT OUR EXEMPTIONS DEPARTMENT (954) 252-9111 IMMEDIATELY:
• You have moved from your homestead property.
• The homestead property owner is deceased.
• You are renting your homestead property.
• You and your spouse own separate properties and both are receiving homestead exemption.
• You and your spouse own a second home in or out of state and both are receiving homestead exemptions or residency tax credit.
• You have remarried but are receiving a widow/widower exemption.
If you are unsure of your exemptions, contact our office. We can help!